Total Pageviews

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Our Fairies

The whole inter-country adoption process is not just very lengthy and intrusive; it’s also very expensive. 
(I have been asked as one of my blog challenges to write about the expense so that’s a blog for another day!)
Add to the paperwork and legalities of adoption, the fact that you now have an energetic 10 year old and a full time job, then time is little and life gets pretty hectic.

I can hand on heart honestly say that I couldn’t manage without ‘our fairies.’



Every week, since I returned to work, we have had an ironing fairy.  She flits into our house, takes our pile of ironing and returns with it all neatly pressed in bags.  All sorted into Mummy clothes and Lutaaya clothes.

Every week since returning from Uganda with Lutaaya, we’ve also had a shopping/treat fairy.  She turns up every Wednesday night with a bag full of goodies.  Any treats that Lutaaya or I want, plus those essential items.  The fairy even rings on a Monday evening to find out what’s missing in our cupboards to restock! 

So I take this opportunity to say thank you to our fairies.  You know who you are!  Because since being a Mum, I haven’t had to do many BIG piles of ironing, just the occasional item now and then, and I haven’t done a FULL shop either!

And there have been many more ‘fairies’ in our lives too over the adoption process.  Those who have helped out financially, or by giving of their time.  Whether it was a one off gift of an item we needed, or simply being there to listen on our more challenging days.  Thank you for continuing to share in our journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment