Total Pageviews

Friday, January 11, 2013

Fundraising Friday




There are many times when a picture says it all. So here are a few to show you a typical Ugandan village school.


The resources are so basic and yet this is deemed a good school. And it is that! The teachers work hard and ultimately the children learn and thrive here. But take another look at those classrooms. Mud walls, written posters to learn from, hard wooden benches, tiny windows, cramped conditions.

I know I can't change the whole school in one visit but I can try to change something's.

We will be visiting this very school when we go to Uganda this year. Already we are planning how we can have the best impact on the community. Sometimes it takes only a few pounds.

Towards the end of the holidays we went shopping and came across these bright, laminated style educational posters.


They were a bargain and as soon as I saw them I thought of this very school in Uganda. We (mam & me) picked them up and they sit ready for a journey to another continent. I know they will be the best used posters ever! The teachers will be over the moon receiving them. So this week I wanted to show you how it isn't about raising thousands of pounds (though that would be amazing) its about spending whatever we have on what will help. £4 bought a wonderful resource for a school. We can all do something, no matter how small.







No comments:

Post a Comment