Total Pageviews

Tuesday, July 28, 2015

A Christmas FUNdraiser

 I am still so behind on updates and missed what we did just before Christmas.  It was such an amazing fundraiser that I can’t help but recap and go back to share it with you. 

 

I had this bright idea that I could make some little bags of reindeer dust for children to use on Christmas eve.  In researching this idea I also stumbled across snowman soup bags.  I decided to give them both a go.  I made up a few bags and they sold out straight away.

 

I didn’t expect such demand and my kitchen turned into a factory line, with as many willing volunteers as possible, doing their bit to create these bags. 

 

We raised over £300 to take out to Uganda and use in the country.  We hope to hold a reunion of as many of the children from the former children’s home I visited previously as possible as well as holding a fun day in the village school we visit.  This money is invaluable in meaning we can make some wonderful memories for the children and young people to treasure forever.  Thank you to everyone who bought a Christmas bag off me – watch this space for this year’s creations!!!  Get your orders in now LOL!


No comments:

Post a Comment