Total Pageviews

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Splash!

We stay quite close to the city so it's easier to just jump in a taxi and head to town for food.  There you have more variety.  Last night we sat in the food mall after eating and Lutaaya Deborah jumps up pointing at another child.  It's Joyce!  And so it was.  Another of the children from her former orphanage who has been adopted.  And minutes later, she spots another familiar face....Priscilla!  How wondeful to meet the new parents to children Lutaaya Deborah has grown up with.  We managed to leave our contact details and will hopefully keep in touch.  The families may live in America, but the internet makes it easy to let our new little additions keep in contact with each other and share their stories, as well as us adoptive parents sharing experiences and support eacch other.  What a blessing!

The shopping mall has a HUGE supermarket that sells everything, from kitchen items to food, to bedroom furniture and everything else imaginable.  Lutaaya Deborah had great fun, as she spotted the 'moving stairs'.  She also had the sweetest little trolley to take around with her.


Then it was off to the pool.  Friends had recommended the Speke Resort. They have an amazing pool.  Lutaaya Deborah LOVED it!  She has no fear of the water and jumped in off the side, even in the deep end!!! 





2 comments:

  1. Hey,
    so I dont know you!! But I found the link on Deb's blog. Im beside myself as I read your posts!! How exciting. I have met your sweet daughter at Open Door. I have volunteered there several times and stopped to see the kids:) Im called Auntie Emma.

    Im so excited for you!! I'll be praying for you. you can email me at - coloradogal93@yahoo.com..
    I'll look through my photos and see if I have some of her:)

    Blessings and prayers:)

    -Emma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Emma,
    Thanks for your comment. If you have piccies we'd love them. Thanks for getting in touch. Lutaaya Deborah just said she thinks she remembers you. Thanks for your prayers. We are applying to the VISA office later today and really need a turn around in a week. Please pray x

    ReplyDelete