Total Pageviews

Sunday, December 12, 2010

The Most Magical Time of the Year

I love Christmas!  It's official.  I live all the festivities and the child inside us all that this time of year brings out.  This year will be even more magical as I get to share it with not only all my family, but also Lutaaya this year.  She has been in my heart every Christmas since I met her, but this year she won't only be in my heart but in our house.  We'll be sharing the joy of Christmas together!  I thank God for making that happen.

I am loving seeing her face light up already.  We have had so much laughter in our lives this past week or so.  She really has brightened up more than a few people's lives.  She loves watching every intricate detail of everything.  She loves seeing how things work and also copying others to see if she can do the same things herself. 

We started the day with a wonderful church service, where some of the congregation took on the Nativity roles.  It was delightful to watch.  Everyone certainly gave their all.  Lutaaya particularly loved seeing her Auntie Andrea dress up as a shepherd!  Sorry Andrea but your photo just had to be shared!


Then it was off to the giant toy shop.  I must admit it's difficult to pick up presents when you have a very nosey little girl with you!  We had some tactics to make sure we picked up all that we needed and even roped Auntie Rachel in to come over on our return and distract Lutaaya so that gifts for Santa to collect could be hurried in and hidden away from prying little eyes.

Final job of the night - put our tree up.  Lutaaya's eyes have been so bright and she's had so much energy.  She really is in the festive spirit.  We had some giggles along the way, with the tree initially not fitting in it's spot, and then baubles needing tying and then falling off.  We also have the job of distracting Gypsy, our kitten, away from the tree.  She's spotted the baubles and thinks her Christmas has arrived.  I'm wondering how long the tree will remain standing for at this rate?  Although for the time being, just like my daughter, our tree is perfect and beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment