Total Pageviews

Thursday, December 1, 2011

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas..................

And yes it is!

I remember last year, that I really felt I had missed out on all the festivities in the run up to Christmas.  After all, this time last year, we were still stranded in Uganda, waiting on Lutaaya’s VISA.

It brought back so many memories reading Bethany’s blog last week.  She was reminiscing about Thanksgiving.  In the midst of our chaos, we shared such a special day and it really did feel like we were with family.  I reminded Lutaaya of our day last year and how we took popcorn to Jaydn’s apartment as a gift to them to remind them of home.  We just had to break out the popcorn this year, as a new tradition!  These Welshies are having Thanksgiving!


And the festivities grew over the weekend.  Our town lights were switched on for Christmas.  We were able to take part in having a festive stall outside Mum’s shop. 



The weather has turned colder so there is that extra feeling of Christmas in the air!  We all wait in anticipation of the snow!  I remember seeing photos of home last year and finding it hard to believe how much snow had fallen! 

So as a late Thanksgiving blog I wanted to say how thankful I am for family, both near and far, who have come into my life through birth, adoption or friendship. 

Let’s join in the Christmas spirit and share more magical moments at this special time of year.

No comments:

Post a Comment