Total Pageviews

Friday, May 18, 2012

A New Arrival!

We’ve been in preparation the past few weeks as my friend was expecting her second baby.  We were on call for her 2 year old daughter, if anything happened and she needed to speed to the hospital.

This new baby had other ideas, and didn’t come of her own accord but needed a little help from the hospital.  This meant we could be even more prepared for looking after their first little Miss.  So all little Miss’ belongings arrived at our house on Sunday and my friend went into hospital on the Monday morning to be induced.

Our job – Collect Lil’ Miss from nursery and care for her until Mammy came home from hospital. 


Best friends having a cuddle at the start of the day!



My friend was in hospital for two nights, with baby number 2 arriving late on 30th April. 


Welcoming the new little addition – baby Eleanor.

We went to visit and Lutaaya doted on her.  I wasn’t sure she would like a small newborn, but once she had tried holding her and knew how to support her head, she just wouldn’t put her down.  No chance of me getting any cuddles, I can tell you.


I forget how much care Lutaaya gave to the younger children and babies at the home she grew up in.  I know she misses it madly and loves being with younger children.  She gets them, and they get her.  Seeing her with the baby made me appreciate all her strengths.  She is caring and loving.  She is a protector.  She accepts challenges and deals with any situation as best she can.  She is eager to learn new things. 

The sweetest cuddle photo ever!


Lutaaya refers to my friend as her Auntie, so her daughters are Lutaaya’s cousins. 
We don’t need a blood link to be family. 
We are family. 
I can’t wait to see how much fun these three girls get to have together in the years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment