Total Pageviews

Monday, August 6, 2012

1st Anniversary – Adoption Day

I can’t quite believe that it was a year ago we went to court to finalise Lutaaya’s adoption here in the UK and for her to become a British Citizen! 

It feels like it has flown by but on another breath it feels like she has been a part of my life forever.

We have two celebration days as part of Lutaaya’s adoption.  The adoption day was just to finalise things and part of the legalities.  It didn’t really ‘make’ her my daughter – she already was that.  Whereas our ‘Gotcha day’ is the day she officially left her former home and moved in with me.  Even though we were in Uganda, it felt like I was bringing her home.  I felt like this was the day she officially became my daughter.  Having said that we acknowledge and celebrate both.  

Last year, if you follow our blog, you’ll remember we ended the day by meeting up with family for a meal and then went to see Grease the Musical.  This year we were asked if we would like tickets to go and see Sister Act the Musical.  Without even knowing the information, we said we’d love tickets, and as if planned just for us, the date was our first year anniversary of adoption day. 

It was also pretty cool to meet up with two special ladies, Auntie Nancy and Auntie Sara, who have a special place in their hearts for the children in Uganda.  They have some exciting plans that I hope I can share soon about a new ministry they hope to start in Uganda for some of the older children who all too often get forgotten about and are too old for adoption.  They made the ticket booking so we all sat together to watch the musical. I must admit I think it was one of the best musical’s I’ve seen in a long time.  A little disappointed there were no songs from the original film in the show, but the songs that were there were absolutely amazing, and the singers were quite literally ‘fabulous!’  A must see if you like musicals.

Not to miss out on a little fun – we just couldn’t resist this photo opportunity!

So another happy and fun filled adoption day for us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment