Total Pageviews

Sunday, August 5, 2012

A little piece of Africa

I miss Uganda.  I haven't been there for two summers now and  truly miss my time there.

I miss the smiles of the people, I miss the language I miss the smells, I miss everything about it.

Some times its nice to have a little piece of Africa right on our doorstep and this week we had just that!

A local community group had arranged an evening of entertainment with a Zulu group.  They may not have been Ugandan but they were definitely African!

Lutaaya took part in a workshop with them throughout the day too and you could see her glowing as she had her taste of Africa too. 





Lutaaya bought the CD and played it full blast when we got home.  She had remembered some of the moves to certain songs and one song was simpy precious.  Lutaaya sang the lyrics at the top of her voice, "I'm proud I'm an African."  And I'm proud to be her Mam, and a Ugandan at heart x

No comments:

Post a Comment