Total Pageviews

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Love letters

Since 2006 I have sponsored a little girl's school fees in the village I visit.

Meet Tendo. 



She goes to school because of a small donation from me. 
 
Sponsoring a child's school fees is a small act that goes a long way to keeping families together.  By covering the cost of school fees, there is a strain taken off the family, and this frees up money to go on other essentials, such as food and hygiene products.
 
While in Uganda, Tendo handed me the sweetest little envelope ever.  Handmade by her.
 
 
Inside was the loveliest little note.

 
 Just in case you can't read the note, it says,
'Hello Natasha.  I love you like a fish in water and I still love you my friend.  Happy Easter, Tendo xxx'

There are lots of charities that offer you the opportunity to sponsor a child's school fees. 
Some larger charities are World Vision,  and Compassion  Check out my friend's blog, where they have started a new organisation helping keep children in families and out of institutions, their organisation is called Reunite.  Then there is the wonderful work of Malaika Babies Home.  They work tirelessly to resettle children with birth families if at all possible and turn to domestic adoption as the next option. 

No comments:

Post a Comment