Total Pageviews

Monday, April 1, 2013

It rained and it rained and it rained

Before our trip, my Mam started preparing for packing her luggage.  She kept asking if she needed to pack her wellies (gum boots).  I explained that it can be muddy in the village but we'd be catching the end of the dry season so we should be fine.  I also reasoned that the weight of the wellies would not be helpful in trying to get everything in our cases.

We were fine, enjoying blazing hot days and sticky nights, right up until the afternoon of Easter Sunday.  As we sat in the church the heavens opened and the rain became torrential!

The rain was so heavy hitting the tin roof of the church building that it was difficult to hear anything else.  The story of Noah came to mind.....

and it rained and it rained........

and it rained and it rained.......

and it rained and it rained.

Everyone made their voices louder and the service continued.


Then we realised we had to walk back from the church to the house!  Hmmmm maybe those wellies would have come in  handy after all.

Trudging through the mud
I quickly realised that I obviously didn't have good walking technique, as I had mud all the way up my legs and skirt, and my feet were in an awful mess!
All part of the fun of keeping it real in Uganda I guess!

No comments:

Post a Comment