Total Pageviews

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Come home and rest!

Each morning I wake and instantly check the phone in the hope that a text came through in the night to say our visa is ready.  Unfortunately we still wait.

I was on a bit of a downer yesterday, with hearing the lady at the High Commission say she couldn't help us yet, and feeling so helpless myself.  We arranged to go out for tea with the Gaddis family.  I am so glad we did.  It was such a funny night.  Lutaaya Deborah laughed so loudly at various points.  She loved all the banter between everyone.  Nathan and Bethany even paid for our supper to cheer me up, bless them.  We were so thankful as it really was such a lovely gesture.  Just what I needed too.  Maybe one day, when we eventually make it home, we can plan a holiday to go meet the full Gaddis crew. 

Keren, our other friend here, also emailed me today to say that we should see the wait as a positive.  Time together, time to bond, time to just be!  It all works in Lutaaya Deborah's favour, as she gets to adapt to having a Mammy in her own country.  She can experience the culture and climate that she is used too, while this huge change happens in her life.  I am thankful for that.

It seems that this is the way today is going to be.  Robinah, our friend from Mbale, then phoned to say almost the same thing as Keren.  Although she added, 'Come home and rest.'  I have always viewed Buweri, where Pastor James and Robinah live, as my second home.  Due to lack of finances I haven't been able to travel to see them during this trip.  Her invite was so genuine and welcoming.  So loving.  Such a lovely thought to go home and rest.  She seemed to appreciate the stress we are undertaking in waiting so long.  Her offer so sincere, if I could get there, they would allow me to live with them, no costs of food, accomodation.  I feel so blessed to have been offered this.  People who have so little here, give their all.  I question how often I have that attitude back home.  How wonderful a world we would live in if we all had this attitude.  I had to decline her kind offer, as I don't want to uproot Lutaaya Deborah at this late stage.  They speak a different tribal language there, and this wouldn't help her settle.  At the moment, we are in a routine, of some sort, and she feels 'at home' for the time being.  I can't travel 4 hours away, to find that our prayers are answered and we can collect a visa from Kampala.  So on with the wait.

On a more practical note of remaining here longer, we needed to sort out our clothes.  I have been meaning to seperate my clothes from Lutaaya Deborah's but up to date have found other things have prevented me from spending the time on this.  Regardless of seperating clothes, I realised this morning we are running out of clothes.  So a quick stroll to the shop (more of a shack with a few essential items), at the bottom of our road, to pick up some washing powder, then back to do the BIG WASH.  Lutaaya Deborah found it hysterical that Mammy was washing things in the bath!  She was very helpful though, rinsing them afterwards and helping hang them outside to dry.  I still pray the VISA will come through sooner rather than later, but if we're here for the long haul at least now we're prepared.

So if you are the praying kind, please hold us in your prayers.  We need a miracle that the VISA office will process our application and we can be home by the weekend.  We need to finally 'come home and rest.'

No comments:

Post a Comment