Total Pageviews

Monday, November 22, 2010

Helpful High Commission?!

We had been told that once we had submitted our application for the visa we could contact the British High Commission and they may be able to help process our application.  We tried to call Friday after submitting it, but the office closed at 1pm.  We knew we could only call between 2-4pm, so we waited for 2pm to come today to make the important call.

We noticed in the British Visa office that Ugandans were seen before the British citizens!  A strange way to treat people at their own embassy.  It felt as if they were keen to help people visit the UK but not keen on helping Brits who may be stranded away from home!  Quite bizzarre.

So I hoped today the lady at the British High Commission would be able to say she could follow my visa up and maybe even fast track it.  Not sure why I got my hopes up, we're stuck in Uganda after all.  The lady told me that if I had submitted it, it would travel to Ethiopia and someone would deal with it.  Pretty much common sense that I had worked out myself.  So I asked if she could help us process it quickly.  To my horror she tells me, 'at this stage I can do nothing.  If you don't hear in 3 weeks call me back.  You can track your application online.'  Nightmare!  Total and utter nightmare!  There was me thinking it would all be completed this week and we'd be home by the weekend.  No help from anyone whatsoever. 

So we are currently stuck in Uganda.   There is no one else I can ring this end to speed the process up this end.  The High Commission is as 'high' as I can go, and they can't help!  I've just checked the website to track the application and it states: Your application has been forwarded to the British High Commission.  I wonder in what country this High Commission is?  Obviously not the Ugandan one or it would be on the lady's desk I just spoke too. 

So on with the tedious wait.  Feeling so helpless and wanting to get home soon.  There are only so many days you can spend simply waiting.  We've done just about all there is to do in Uganda on the limited budget we have!  So our days will be spent waiting and contacting the visa office as often as we can.  We certainly need prayers for this visa to be released quickly.  We NEED to come home.   

1 comment:

  1. praying for you hun...wish there was something more constructive we could do xxx

    ReplyDelete