Total Pageviews

Friday, November 26, 2010

Gobble, gobble!

We have a guy staying at our guest house from Seattle.  He passes through the guest house every six weeks as he works in Sudan.  When we arrived back at the guest house Wednesday night, he was sat on the computer.  He then asked if we'd like to try what the staff here had cooked for him......GRASSHOPPERS!  I wish I'd thought at the time, but forgot to capture this on camera.  As you can imagine, it was like something off I'm a celeb, one of the bushtucker trials!  Lutaaya Deborah tried to convince me they are sweet and good, but just the look of them turned my stomach.  She was eager to eat them and ate two straight off!  Not for me!

Last night we talked about Thanksgiving and he mentioned that he would celebrate on the weekend with friends here and they would have turkey.  What I didn't expect was for the turkey, alive and kicking, to arrive this morning!  Lutaaya Deborah had no concept of what a turkey was, so we went to have a look at it.  She tried her hardest to look at a distance.  Even with it looking so horrid and ugly, I still don't think I could follow through and kill this big bird to eat on the weekend, so good luck to him on that.  He has promised we don't have to see that side happening.

Tabitha Turkey - even though I shouldn't name her as she'll be dinenr on the weekend!
It was really difficult to explain to Lutaaya Deborah that this is what we eat for Christmas dinner!  Try explaining that to a 9 year old and then say obviously minus the feathers.  She isn't convinced, but I'm sure she'll be fine when she sees our prepared turkey on the Christmas dinner table!

On going to take photos of the turkey, we found the kittens.  So here's an update on the little guys.  All 4 are with mama puss in the shed at the back of the house.  Look how they've grown!


I'm sure you are starting to gather how bored we are with waiting now!!  The most mundane things, like turkeys and kittens make up our news.  The highlight of the day today will be meeting with the Gaddis family later for food and bowling!  A new experience for Lutaaya Deborah.

No comments:

Post a Comment